Midwest Best Series
The Rules: It is your responsibility as an athlete / parent to familiarize yourself with the rules
1. Helmets are mandatory. (no exceptions) they must remain on your head during practice, inspection, and competition. Any helmet that is not properly affixed your your head and falls off will be cause for disqualification.
2. You MUST be a current member of the USASA to compete. (you can register for your membership ONLINE at USASA.org) Check the USASA web site for more information.
3. All USASA rules apply. SEE ALL THE RULES HERE
4. NO GOPRO mounts are allowed on helmets.
5. All competitors under 18 must have a parent/guardian signature on the liability waiver [no signature-no practice-no competition].
6. A VALID Lift ticket must be purchased at the resort (unless you are a pass holder) for all competitions.
7. Age groups for men and woman from under 7 to over 60.
8. No speed suits are allowed on the boardercross/skiercross course.
9. Concussions are serious business. We require a physician’s release to let any athlete return to competition or be on our course. See our concussion policy here.
10. TO QUALIFY FOR THE USASA 2017 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS AT Copper,
a. Be a defending Gold medalist from the 2016 National Championships or the defending National Overall Champion.
b. Be the 2017 Midwest Best Regional Champion (one per discipline /age bracket) - The Regional Champion is determined to TOP REGIONAL POINTS IN YOUR HOME
Points are calculated as follows:
Giant Slalom - Best 3 out of 4 finishes
Slalom - Best 3 out of 4 finishes
Boardercross/Skiercross - Best 3 out of 4 finishes
Halfpipe - Best 2 out of 2 finishes (dates TBA, we will co-hosting with another series)
Slopestyle - Best 3 out of 4 finishes
Rail Jam - Best 3 our of 4 finishes
TIES - all ties will be broken - TIE RULE: If there is a tie for Regional Champion, the tie will be broken based on the last competitions scores
In the event that the Regional Champion is unable to attend the National Championships, the 2nd place finisher will be granted that Regional Champion’s spot.
c. National Ranking System Qualification - Top point earners in the country can also qualify for national championship spots that available AFTER the Regional Champion spots are filled.
Your top 3 scores will count toward your national rankings score. Please check the rule book for further explanation and details.
11. VIDEO TAPE FOOTAGE BY COMPETITORS, COACHES, ETC. ARE NOT PERMISSIBLE REGARDING RESULTS AT ANY OF THE EVENTS. ALL PROTESTS MUST GO THROUGH THE SERIES DIRECTOR or event TS.
12. NO SHADOWING on the courses.
13. Only RIDERS and Certified USASA coaches will be allowed in the starting/competition area.
14. Unsportsman like conduct can/will result in a disqualification. (see the series code of conduct)
PLEASE READ ALL THE USASA RULES HERE -
It is YOUR responsibility to know the rules of the game!
CLICK HERE FOR THE RULEBOOK